How Does Fascia Have Memory?Oct 10, 2023
Today, I want to talk a little bit about fascia and how fascia has a memory.
What might that look like? How does it work? And how does it happen in someone's body?
Here's what I cover in this video:
- My history as a massage therapist
- Learning about acupressure, which led me to experience a "melting" of tissue in clients' bodies
- Finding the work of Dr. Carla Stecco, where I learned about fascia sites and the role of hyaluronic acid
- The wild experience of massaging a client > client releasing sudden emotion > a memory or sensation being transferred to me
- How water has memory
- EZ water/collagen in our bodies = liquid crystals = rod-like polymers = data storage (a rewritable memory device)!
- The role of biofields in transmitting or storing data/information
- How we can keep trauma from getting "stuck" in our bodies and instead create resonance and coherence
- And how to keep our tissues hydrated
I also mention:
- The work of Veda Austin
- Eileen Day McKusick's book Electric Body, Electric Health
- The 10-Week Program from Functional Patterns
If you'd like to read along, the video comes with Closed Captions (English only). Simply click the "CC" button on the video player, and then "English."